Thursday, October 9, 2014

Raven Prop Box Package Review

The goal of this package over the raven prop box nominees was to recognize their acts of kindness. To make this package we had to find all of the nominees, pull them out of class, and take a picture of them to add in the story.  We chose an interesting character to share her story of how she helped someone when they were sick.  We got b roll of her working in class and to cover up jump cuts in her interview we zoomed in and out on her interview providing a new interesting way to tell a story.

We learned that if we wanted to do an interview where the shot zooms in and out we should've set up the interview so it was wider.  We used final cut to edit this video and we transformed the images by zooming in and moving the picture around.  I worked with Elena and Pedro on this and we all worked together in the filming an editing process.

Some of the shots I got of our character, Kayla, in class were rather shaky, so if I were to do this again I would bring a tripod to get those quick shots just to make the overall look of the package more professional.

If I do raven prop box again I would definitely get more b roll and use an interesting story to move the package along.  I liked how we focused on one girl and let her tell the story, but I think that we should've had b roll to go over some parts of her interview because it was rather long.

I thought this package was an interesting and new way to recognize the raven prop box nominees.  So I think this package succeeded in its goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment